- Microsoft launches new Surface Pro
It is claimed the tablet is 2.5 times faster than the Pro 3, with a battery that will last 70% longer.
- 1 day ago 23 May 17, 1:43pm -
- Apple and Nokia to 'co-operate' after settling patent row
The two technology firms have ended a dispute over the use of Nokia's patents.
- 1 day ago 23 May 17, 11:03am -
- Google's AI takes on champion in fresh Go challenge
Google's AI system AlphaGo wins the first of three matches against Go world champion Ke Jie.
- 1 day ago 23 May 17, 10:57am -
- How to beat security threats to 'internet of things'
Click talks to a cyber-security expert about how to protect your connected home appliances from hackers.
- 1 day ago 23 May 17, 10:25am -
- More evidence for WannaCry 'link' to North Korean hackers
Tools that helped WannaCry spread were also used in attacks linked to North Korea, says security firm.
- 1 day ago 23 May 17, 8:57am -
- Cuban revolution
As the internet becomes more widespread in Cuba, online start-ups are emerging. But challenges remain.
- 2 days ago 22 May 17, 11:35pm -
- Amazon adds live TV channels to Prime Video
Live channels including Eurosport and Discovery will be offered for an extra fee.
- 2 days ago 22 May 17, 11:31pm -
- Bitcoin hits $2,000 trading high point
The virtual currency is proving popular but rival crypto-cash systems are catching up fast.
- 2 days ago 22 May 17, 1:58pm -
- Virtual rabbits 'culled' in Second Life
Thousands of bunnies have "starved" after their food supply was cut off.
- 2 days ago 22 May 17, 11:43am -
- Windows 7 hardest hit by WannaCry worm
More than two-thirds of all machines hit by WannaCry ran the eight-year-old software, say experts
- 2 days ago 22 May 17, 11:27am -
- UK firm designs 'world's most affordable solar lamp'
Manchester's Inventid designed the SM100 solar light, which retails for $5 in African countries.
- 2 days ago 22 May 17, 10:11am -
- Leaks 'expose peculiar Facebook moderation policy'
The "inconsistent" rules used to judge and censor content on Facebook are exposed, claim insiders.
- 2 days ago 22 May 17, 9:03am -
- Uni of South Wales road safety app for children 'good fun'
The app is being developed thanks to £67,500 funding from the Road Safety Trust.
- 3 days ago 21 May 17, 5:51am -
- General election 2017: Illegal content sanctions threat
Conservative manifesto suggests digital providers should pay to help combat online crime.
- 5 days ago 19 May 17, 4:48pm -
- Text-to-switch plan for mobile users
Ofcom wants to make it easier for people to switch operator - but it has ruled out a simpler option.
- 5 days ago 19 May 17, 12:31pm -
- FCC votes to overturn net neutrality rules
Critics say changing the rules may mean some data travels on "fast lanes".
- 5 days ago 19 May 17, 10:08am -
- London City first in UK to get remote air traffic control
London City Airport flights will be directed by controllers using a remote system 80 miles away.
- 5 days ago 19 May 17, 8:32am -
- BBC fools HSBC voice recognition security system
A reporter's twin foiled the HSBC security measure by mimicking his brother's voice.
- 6 days ago 19 May 17, 12:21am -
- Instagram 'worst for young mental health'
Users were asked to score social media platforms on issues including anxiety, loneliness, and body image.
- 6 days ago 18 May 17, 11:59pm -
- Watch Mark Zuckerberg find out he's got into Harvard
See the moment a young Mark Zuckerberg gets the good news, as filmed by his dad, Edward.
- 6 days ago 18 May 17, 11:04pm -
- WannaCry lessons
How can businesses protect themselves against future cyber-attacks?
- 6 days ago 18 May 17, 11:02pm -
- Customer service robots on show in Paris
Rory Cellan-Jones takes a look at some of the more unusual robots on show at the Innorobo exhibition in Paris.
- 6 days ago 18 May 17, 1:06pm -
- App maker's code stolen in malware attack
The FBI is investigating and Apple are looking out for malicious versions of the apps after the theft.
- 6 days ago 18 May 17, 11:44am -
- EU fines Facebook over 'misleading' WhatsApp data claim
The social media giant is fined for providing "misleading" information during its takeover of WhatsApp.
- 6 days ago 18 May 17, 8:12am -
- India's Zomato says data from 17 million users stolen
Payment-related information is safe as it was stored separately, global restaurant guide Zomato says.
- 6 days ago 18 May 17, 7:43am -
- Google Expedition brings 3D objects to classrooms
Google Expedition brings 3D objects to classrooms with augmented reality. The technology was shown off at Google I/O, the company's annual developers' conference in Silicon Valley.
- 7 days ago 18 May 17, 1:25am -
- DocuSign users sent phishing emails after data breach
The electronic signature service provider says no other user information was accessed during the breach.
- 7 days ago 17 May 17, 5:06pm -
- Electoral Commission wants powers to tackle election meddling from abroad
A probe into the political use of private data has been opened by the information commissioner.
- 7 days ago 17 May 17, 3:48pm -
- 'Bots' spam FCC website over proposed net neutrality reversal
Bot activity is apparently detected on a US regulator's website over proposed changes to net neutrality rules.
- 7 days ago 17 May 17, 3:15pm -
- Two Britons arrested in Thailand over football streaming
Two British men are arrested after the Premier League supported investigations by Thai authorities.
- 7 days ago 17 May 17, 1:12pm -
- Election candidates warned about phishing attempts
Recent MPs and other candidates in the UK general election are warned about malicious emails.
- 7 days ago 17 May 17, 12:58pm -
- Twitter user numbers overtaken by China's Sina Weibo
Chinese micro-blogging site boasts 340 million active monthly users in first three months of 2017.
- 7 days ago 17 May 17, 12:39pm -
- Cage director charged for failing to disclose passwords
The international director for Cage could face prison for failing to disclose digital passwords.
- 7 days ago 17 May 17, 12:29pm -
- Echopixel - the new 3D image tool for surgeons
Echopixel allows surgeons to view and interact with a patient's scans in 3D.
- 7 days ago 17 May 17, 7:12am -
- HPE unveils 'world's largest' single memory computer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise's prototype computer, called The Machine, has 160TB of memory.
- 8 days ago 16 May 17, 3:57pm -
- ARM to provide chips for brain injury implants
The project could help those with brain or spinal injuries to receive sensory feedback.
- 8 days ago 16 May 17, 12:59pm -
- Tinder fights one-man dating platform
The app, called Shinder, has only one available male date.
- 8 days ago 16 May 17, 12:49pm -
- Ukraine's Poroshenko to block Russian social networks
President Petro Poroshenko slaps a ban on some of the biggest Russian sites, including VK and Yandex.
- 8 days ago 16 May 17, 11:54am -
- WannaCry and the malware hall of fame
How does WannaCry compare with other big malware infections?
- 8 days ago 16 May 17, 11:44am -
- Thailand backs off lese-majeste Facebook ban threat
Facebook was threatened with a ban if it did not block 131 posts including criticism of Thai royals.
- 8 days ago 16 May 17, 11:41am -
- Google DeepMind patient app legality questioned
A leaked letter throws doubt on the legal basis for sharing 1.6 million patient records with DeepMind.
- 8 days ago 16 May 17, 10:58am -
- New health scan uses artificial intelligence
California company Forward is launching a medical body and health scan using artificial intelligence and connected tools.
- 8 days ago 16 May 17, 7:17am -
- HTC unveils 'squeezy' phone for selfies
The U11 has a pressure-sensitive edge that triggers the camera when squeezed.
- 8 days ago 16 May 17, 6:59am -
- Indian teen builds world's 'lightest satellite'
The satellite, made with a 3-D printer, weighs a mere 64 grams and will be launched by Nasa in June.
- 9 days ago 16 May 17, 4:37am -
- Gene genie
DNA-testing kits for health and fitness are growing in popularity, but is it all hype?
- 9 days ago 15 May 17, 11:01pm -
- Uber must return confidential files to Waymo, orders US judge
US judge tells Uber to sideline an engineer but says the firm can continue work on self-driving cars.
- 9 days ago 15 May 17, 7:27pm -
- NHS cyber-attack: No 'second spike' but disruption continues
Jeremy Hunt says a lack of new attacks is "encouraging", but at least 16 hospital trusts are still affected.
- 9 days ago 15 May 17, 6:25pm -
- Global manhunt for WannaCry creators
Investigators have few clues as they seek to find who was behind the massive attack.
- 9 days ago 15 May 17, 4:25pm -
- Ransomware cyber-attack: Who has been hardest hit?
The WannaCry cyber-attack has affected more than 200,000 computers in 150 countries, Europol says.
- 9 days ago 15 May 17, 2:46pm -
- Virtual memorial for WW2 code-cracker
Bletchley Park code-cracker Bill Tutte has been commemorated by a recreation of the machine he defeated.
- 9 days ago 15 May 17, 12:20pm -