- Future Energy: LA crystals turn cars into energy source
How California is turning its car problem into a way to make LA greener.
- 13 hours ago 28 Jun 17, 11:10pm -
- US holds off expanding airline laptop ban as new rules laid out
The feared extension is not included in a raft of strict new screening rules on flights into the US.
- 15 hours ago 28 Jun 17, 9:33pm -
- US woman shoots boyfriend in YouTube stunt
A teenager killed her boyfriend as he held a thick book to his chest, believing it would stop the bullet.
- 15 hours ago 28 Jun 17, 9:17pm -
- Retro gaming
Old school consoles are well and truly back, and far from Game Over.
- 19 hours ago 28 Jun 17, 5:54pm -
- Man loses £1,200 to tech support con-artists
The victim of IT support fraudsters recounts how they convinced him to pay £1,200 to their scam.
- 19 hours ago 28 Jun 17, 5:12pm -
- Ironing robot tackles creased clothes
A humanoid robot that can iron clothes is being developed in Spain.
- 20 hours ago 28 Jun 17, 4:14pm -
- Under-screen fingerprint sensor unveiled
Qualcomm and Vivo show off a prototype phone that hides its fingerprint sensor beneath its display.
- 20 hours ago 28 Jun 17, 4:07pm -
- Tax software blamed for cyber-attack spread
Was the cyber-attack that hit countries around the world sourced in malware-laden tax software?
- 23 hours ago 28 Jun 17, 1:09pm -
- Arrests in UK over Microsoft scam calls
Two men and two women are arrested after a probe into an IT support scam.
- 1 day ago 28 Jun 17, 10:30am -
- This man had the chip from his travel card implanted under his skin
Meow-Ludo Disco Gamma Meow-Meow asked a professional piercer to put his Opal card chip into his left hand.
- 1 day ago 28 Jun 17, 9:11am -
- Visiting Europe's largest permanent VR facility
Lucy Hedges visits Europe's largest virtual reality facility in Paris.
- 1 day ago 28 Jun 17, 9:02am -
- Painless flu jab patch for people scared of injections
The special sticking plaster delivers a pain-free "do-it-yourself" dose of the vaccine into the skin.
- 1 day ago 28 Jun 17, 2:33am -
- Facebook hits two billion users
More than a quarter of the world's population now use the social network every month.
- 2 days ago 27 Jun 17, 6:34pm -
- Google's giant penalty: The internet reacts
A 2.4bn euro fine is celebrated by Google's critics but others view the punishment as misjudged.
- 2 days ago 27 Jun 17, 3:49pm -
- Volvo's driverless cars 'confused' by kangaroos
The way the marsupials move makes it hard for the computers to work out how to respond, Volvo says.
- 2 days ago 27 Jun 17, 11:24am -
- Google hit with record EU fine over Shopping service
The European Commission penalises the US tech giant for illegally favouring its own shopping service.
- 2 days ago 27 Jun 17, 9:51am -
- HMS Queen Elizabeth sets sail from Rosyth for sea trials
HMS Queen Elizabeth - the largest warship ever built for the Royal Navy - leaves Rosyth for sea trials.
- 2 days ago 27 Jun 17, 9:08am -
- Cash 'lives on' after 50 years of ATMs
Bank of England chief cashier says all future plans include the use of cash despite new technology.
- 2 days ago 27 Jun 17, 7:45am -
- Ant power
The drive to find more sustainable transport fuels has been given a boost by some Dutch students.
- 3 days ago 26 Jun 17, 11:15pm -
- The first cash machine came into use 50 years ago today
It is 50 years to the day that the first cash machine came into use. How has it changed over the years?
- 3 days ago 26 Jun 17, 11:12pm -
- The robot that can pick up virtually any object
Scientists at UC Berkeley have created a robot that has learnt to pick up virtually any object.
- 3 days ago 26 Jun 17, 11:11pm -
- Scottish areas worst for broadband speeds, says Which?
The slowest speeds in the UK are experienced in three Scottish local authority areas, Which? says.
- 3 days ago 26 Jun 17, 11:09pm -
- Russia targets Telegram app after St Petersburg bombing
A suicide bomber who killed 15 people in St Petersburg used the messaging app, officials say.
- 3 days ago 26 Jun 17, 11:46am -
- Gmail to end ad-targeting email scans
Privacy groups cautiously welcome Google's pledge to end scans of Gmail messages to personalise ads.
- 3 days ago 26 Jun 17, 11:37am -
- Player protests force change on GTA V mod kit
Complaints, negative reviews, and petitions make GTA's publisher end legal action over a popular game add-on
- 3 days ago 26 Jun 17, 10:37am -
- Hyperlane: A special lane for self-driving vehicles
A US company is proposing special lanes on roads purely for self-driving vehicles.
- 3 days ago 26 Jun 17, 7:08am -
- Ohio sites hacked with IS message
Governor John Kasich's site is one of those attacked, posting a threat to President Donald Trump.
- 3 days ago 26 Jun 17, 4:53am -
- Parliament cyber-attack 'hit up to 90 users'
Fewer than 1% of 9,000 parliamentary accounts were affected, says the House of Commons.
- 4 days ago 25 Jun 17, 4:01pm -
- Tech Tent: Uber at a crossroads
On the Tech Tent podcast this week, we explore the stunning resignation of Uber chief executive Travis Kalanick.
- 6 days ago 23 Jun 17, 5:10pm -
- Router hack risk 'not limited to Virgin Media'
A weakness in some Virgin Media routers also affects routers by other providers, experts warn.
- 6 days ago 23 Jun 17, 4:52pm -
- Snapchat map update raises child safety worries
An update to Snapchat lets people search for schools and see pictures posted by children inside.
- 6 days ago 23 Jun 17, 1:10pm -
- WannaCry helps speeding drivers dodge fines in Australia
Australian police cancelled hundreds of speeding fines after noting their systems were infected.
- 6 days ago 23 Jun 17, 7:09am -
- Facebook launches initiative to fight online hate speech
Move is a response to UK government criticism that the firm doesn't do enough to curb online hate.
- 6 days ago 23 Jun 17, 3:59am -
- Virgin Media urges password change over hacking risk
The company tells 800,000 customers with Super Hub 2 routers to change their passwords immediately.
- 6 days ago 23 Jun 17, 1:12am -
- Could XPrize tablets replace teachers in Tanzania?
Teams around the world are competing to develop tablet software to replace a teacher in developing countries.
- 7 days ago 22 Jun 17, 11:26pm -
- 'I lost my eye'
About two billion people have no insurance, but "pay-by-mobile" policies are growing in popularity.
- 7 days ago 22 Jun 17, 11:15pm -
- Adults sharing sexual content on teen app
The video app, Monkey, is designed to help teenagers make new friends
- 7 days ago 22 Jun 17, 12:47am -
- Energy revolution
China consumes more electricity than any other country but is also the world's biggest solar energy producer.
- 8 days ago 21 Jun 17, 11:06pm -
- Grand theft auto
Connected cars are becoming the norm, but how secure are they and how safe is our personal data?
- 10 days ago 19 Jun 17, 11:18pm -
- Nerve centre
New Minority Report-style "nerve centres" combine data and predictive policing after massive increase in homicides.
- 11 days ago 19 Jun 17, 12:08am -
- Gaming gift
From Spacewar! to Pokemon Go, video games have created jobs, made money and driven technology forward.
- 11 days ago 18 Jun 17, 11:18pm -
- Home hijack
A security weakness in Gary Berman's home network may have lost him a $400,000 contract.
- 14 days ago 15 Jun 17, 11:01pm -
- E3 2017: Nightmares come alive in VR hospital
Dave Lee checks in to a virtual reality psychiatric hospital, in a new video game.
- 14 days ago 15 Jun 17, 5:37am -
- E3 2017: Hands-on with Super Mario Odyssey
Nintendo hopes a new Super Mario game will keep up the momentum of its new Switch console.
- 15 days ago 14 Jun 17, 5:45am -
- DIY retro games console teaches kids about electronics.
Crowdfunded Makerbuino lets children build their own handheld games consoles.
- 16 days ago 13 Jun 17, 2:19pm -
- Man asks Twitch users to pick shares for $50,000 portfolio
Twitch viewers can vote on stocks and those with the most votes are automatically purchased.
- 17 days ago 12 Jun 17, 9:23am -
- 10-year-old app maker's plan: Change world, become turtle
Yuma Soerianto, a 10-year-old app developer from Melbourne, Australia, was the youngest attendee at Apple's developers' conference this week.
- 20 days ago 9 Jun 17, 8:00am -
- Google's Street View cars track air pollution and other news
BBC Click's Lara Lewington looks at some of the best of the week's technology news stories.
- 20 days ago 9 Jun 17, 7:17am -