- UK supermarkets try face-based ID and payment system
The biometric system will let people buy alcohol and knives without needing to involve shop staff.
- 2 days ago 14 Nov 17, 4:58pm -
- HTC shows off all-in-one VR headset called Focus
HTC's Vive Focus virtual reality headset will initially be released in only China
- 2 days ago 14 Nov 17, 2:38pm -
- Facebook critic Max Schrems faces partial setback
Max Schrems is told he cannot sue Facebook on behalf of 25,000 others but can do so personally.
- 2 days ago 14 Nov 17, 2:15pm -
- Votes in 18 nations 'hacked' in last year
Governments are turning to social-media-based campaigns to stifle dissent, warns a net freedom report.
- 2 days ago 14 Nov 17, 12:34pm -
- FDA approves 'trackable' pill
The schizophrenia tablets have an embedded sensor that tells doctors whether the patient has taken them.
- 2 days ago 14 Nov 17, 10:10am -
- Connected toys have ‘worrying’ security issues
Parents are warned about the dangers of net-connected toys, by the Which? consumer group.
- 2 days ago 14 Nov 17, 12:57am -
- Visibility poor
A shortage of weather data is holding back many African economies. Some start-ups are changing this.
- 2 days ago 14 Nov 17, 12:02am -
- Regent Street Apple store guard threatened by moped gang
Ten suspects on five mopeds smashed their way into the central London store in the early hours.
- 3 days ago 13 Nov 17, 5:05pm -
- China dominates top supercomputers list
China overtakes the US to have more supercomputers in the list of the world's fastest 500 systems.
- 3 days ago 13 Nov 17, 4:57pm -
- Gaydar founder Henry Badenhorst dies in South Africa
Henry Badenhorst created the dating website after a friend complained he was too busy to find love.
- 3 days ago 13 Nov 17, 3:10pm -
- Huddle's 'highly secure' work tool exposed KPMG and BBC files
Private files belonging to tax adviser KPMG and the BBC are exposed by Huddle's team-sharing tool.
- 3 days ago 13 Nov 17, 2:09pm -
- Lovense sex toy app recorded and stored nearby sounds
A smart vibrator-maker blames a bug for causing the software to save audio recordings.
- 3 days ago 13 Nov 17, 12:47pm -
- Uber set to sell $10bn stake to Softbank
The ride-hailing firm says a cash injection would help to fuel expansion and investment in technology.
- 3 days ago 13 Nov 17, 12:40pm -
- YouTube removes dead extremist's videos
Nearly 50,000 videos by radical Islamist preacher Anwar al-Awlaki are purged from the video-sharing site.
- 3 days ago 13 Nov 17, 12:40pm -
- Propaganda machine
A Russian "troll factory" is working with rebels in eastern Ukraine to discredit pro-Ukrainian elements, BBC Russian has learned.
- 3 days ago 13 Nov 17, 1:12am -
- Why these faces do not belong to 'real' people
Nvidia has been developing algorithms to generate photorealistic faces.
- 3 days ago 13 Nov 17, 12:40am -
- Dubai Airshow: Boeing wins $15bn order from Emirates
Boeing strikes a Dreamliner deal as the Dubai Airshow awaits news of a key Airbus A380 order.
- 4 days ago 12 Nov 17, 12:43pm -
- US rocket launch aborted after small plane enters airspace
The launch of the unmanned cargo ship from Virginia will be attempted again on Sunday morning.
- 4 days ago 11 Nov 17, 8:59pm -
- What the world's largest shopping day says about China
A million retailers worldwide took part in the ninth annual Singles Day that generated $25bn in sales.
- 5 days ago 11 Nov 17, 4:53pm -
- Viewsnight: ‘If it’s censorship you want, don’t leave it to Facebook’
Historian Niall Ferguson argues that we should beware giving the big tech companies even more power.
- 5 days ago 11 Nov 17, 9:22am -
- Can a chatbot help you find love?
How AI is starting to serve the dating industry.
- 5 days ago 11 Nov 17, 12:12am -
- Uber loses court appeal against drivers' rights
The firm's drivers should get workers' rights including holiday and sick pay, a tribunal rules.
- 6 days ago 10 Nov 17, 4:06pm -
- Apple fixes iPhone letter 'i' bug
The latest software update fixes an issue that stopped some iPhone users typing the letter "i".
- 6 days ago 10 Nov 17, 2:57pm -
- YouTube to restrict 'disturbing' children's videos, if flagged
The site will restrict videos aimed at children but contain adult themes, if they are reported.
- 6 days ago 10 Nov 17, 12:42pm -
- Phishing helps hackers hijack accounts, says Google study
Phishing attacks help hackers grab almost 250,000 log-in details for Google accounts every week, finds research
- 6 days ago 10 Nov 17, 12:03pm -
- Broadband and landline users to get automatic compensation
Householders will get £8 a day if broadband or landline faults are not fixed immediately.
- 6 days ago 10 Nov 17, 9:45am -
- Now computers are writing perfectly acceptable pop songs
Taryn Southern's new single was written by artificial intelligence software. Is this the future?
- 6 days ago 10 Nov 17, 8:56am -
- The lift-summoning robot and other technology news
BBC Click's Kat Hawkins looks at some of the best of the week's technology news stories.
- 6 days ago 10 Nov 17, 8:30am -
- Universities to be warned over misleading adverts
The advertising watchdog is going to warn universities about using misleading claims in their marketing.
- 6 days ago 10 Nov 17, 7:47am -
- Government urged to act over computer science GCSEs
More than half of England's secondary schools did not offer the subject in 2015-16, a report has found.
- 6 days ago 10 Nov 17, 1:13am -
- Talking pants
We love shopping online for clothes but often have to return them. Can tech help make things easier?
- 6 days ago 10 Nov 17, 12:08am -
- Twitter halts 'broken' verified-profile system
The site had faced complaints that white-supremacist accounts were being verified.
- 7 days ago 9 Nov 17, 5:05pm -
- Harry Potter game is Pokemon Go creator's next trick
An augmented reality smartphone game based on the young wizard's adventures is planned by Niantic.
- 7 days ago 9 Nov 17, 1:24pm -
- Tackling the toxic danger inside our cars
Pollution in a car can be worse than outside, as it traps nitrogen dioxide (NO2) and soot-like particles.
- 7 days ago 9 Nov 17, 1:05pm -
- How wireless sensors could help fight forest fires
The sensors were tested on fires in Greece, Spain and Israel as part of a European research project.
- 7 days ago 9 Nov 17, 10:01am -
- Looking good at 20?
Front pages of the BBC News website show how the look and feel of the site has changed since its launch, in 1997.
- 7 days ago 9 Nov 17, 9:37am -
- Trump tweets
Donald Trump has kept up his tweeting in China - even though Twitter is officially blocked there.
- 7 days ago 9 Nov 17, 7:12am -
- 'Iron man' flight sets first world record
Richard Browning crossed a lake in Reading at more than 30mph.
- 7 days ago 9 Nov 17, 1:04am -
- Tiger cubs
Asia is driving the massive growth in online shopping, with younger generations leading the charge.
- 9 days ago 7 Nov 17, 12:12am -
- Facebook firing
Two years ago care home manager Rachel Burns lost her job after posting a photo on Facebook. Was she unfairly dismissed?
- 10 days ago 6 Nov 17, 11:25am -
- Xbox One X: Microsoft's new console reviewed
The console can display 4K 60 frames-per-second graphics in high dynamic range.
- 12 days ago 4 Nov 17, 12:43am -
- Ford builds robot which tests car seats and other news
BBC Click's Nick Kwek looks at some of the best of the week's technology news stories.
- 13 days ago 3 Nov 17, 1:40am -
- Spreading the word
E-commerce entrepreneurs share their tips on how to get noticed in the global digital marketplace.
- 13 days ago 3 Nov 17, 12:00am -
- Russia v anonymity
How will Russia's new law affect privacy and internet censorship?
- 15 days ago 1 Nov 17, 11:05am -
- How algorithms helped design a concert hall
Each of the 10,000 acoustic panels is unique and designed to give the best listening experience.
- 15 days ago 1 Nov 17, 3:00am -
- AI takes centre stage in new Adobe tools
Click visits the Adobe Max conference to find out the latest developments in Photoshop.
- 19 days ago 28 Oct 17, 2:13am -
- The robot that can swim and fly and other tech news
BBC Click's Marc Cieslak looks at some of the best of the week's technology news stories.
- 20 days ago 27 Oct 17, 1:18am -
- Inside Microsoft's new mixed reality capture studio
Microsoft opens a hi-tech studio dedicated to creating mixed reality content.
- 22 days ago 25 Oct 17, 7:15am -
- How a graphene tattoo could monitor your health
The tattoo could be a wearable device measuring electrical activity of the brain, muscles or heart.
- 22 days ago 24 Oct 17, 11:22pm -
- High speed camera uses 1,000 frames per second
The camera that can process images faster than the eye can see.
- 30 days ago 16 Oct 17, 11:21pm -