Making money from your personal skills and talents is not as difficult as you might think; and in fact, it is far easier to make money from your talents and personal skills than it is to get a job you are qualified for. The best way to make easy money is by selling something you have most naturally; because it can never run out once you discover how to mine it. You must therefore be careful that you do not confuse skill with talent even though you can sure make money with both of them. A skill in a simple sense is an ability that has been acquired from formal training, but a talent is a natural or innate ability to do something quite well or to excel without assistance in a given field.
You develop or acquire a skill when you learn a trade under a formal arrangement. You can therefore become the guru after learning computer programming, auto repairs, furniture making, and farming among others. But you can develop a talent if you find it natural and easy to compose a song, sing a tune, play the piano or guitar, play football or excel at any sports, or even acquire natural abilities to excel at workplace environments.
– Music: If you happen to find it so easy to compose a song and sing tunes with a passionate innateness more than anyone else that you know, then it is time to think of marketing this talent, or skill if you happen to go for more trainings to perfect the gift. Speak to your friends and seek out a good music recording studio, then look for a promoter or marketer to help with marketing your music product and potentials.
– Writing: If you are wonderful with words, then it is time to make good money with word-crafting. You can market your skill as a novelist, poet, a news reporter or journalist, a sales copywriter, a freelance web content writer, or even an editor. Whatever niche of writing content that you choose, you stand to make it if you’d approach newspapers, publishers, and website publishers on the internet.
– Sports: If you possess a natural ability to play football, basketball, cricket, golf, or even exceptional at swimming, athletics, and high-jump or any kinds of sports, then you stand to play in the Olympics or at the World Cup and make millions of dollars from having spectators watch you do what you do best.
– Arts: If you possess natural skills at painting, sculpting, carving, pottery, ceramics, or even weaving among others, then you can make good money by contacting local consumers in your community and locality for patronage.
Much more than these, you must be aware of the special talents you possess and seek ways to monetise them. Your local talents and skills are not only limited to physical activities or products that can be seen, they also extend to workplace skills that promote good business, e.g.
– Leadership skills
– Ability to work with people
– Getting along with strangers and customers
– Organisational and planning skills
– Problem-solving skills
– Flexibility and adaptability to changing environments
– Passionate motivation and courage
These among others are all talents that could be developed in any workplace and which could be marketed in your CV or resume or in other ways if you know how to sell yourself.
Photo credits: Celestine Chua
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from GISTHEADLINES.COM
Benefited from this post? Kindly use the sharing buttons below to share the post on your favourite social networks. To make sure you stay up to date with our articles, enter your email to subscribe.