- What the world's largest shopping day says about China
A million retailers worldwide took part in the ninth annual Singles Day that generated $25bn in sales.
- 2 giorni fa 11 Nov 17, 4:53pm -
- Viewsnight: ‘If it’s censorship you want, don’t leave it to Facebook’
Historian Niall Ferguson argues that we should beware giving the big tech companies even more power.
- 2 giorni fa 11 Nov 17, 9:22sono -
- Can a chatbot help you find love?
How AI is starting to serve the dating industry.
- 3 giorni fa 11 Nov 17, 12:12sono -
- Uber loses court appeal against drivers' rights
The firm's drivers should get workers' rights including holiday and sick pay, a tribunal rules.
- 3 giorni fa 10 Nov 17, 4:06pm -
- Apple fixes iPhone letter 'i' bug
The latest software update fixes an issue that stopped some iPhone users typing the letter "i".
- 3 giorni fa 10 Nov 17, 2:57pm -
- YouTube to restrict 'disturbing' children's videos, if flagged
The site will restrict videos aimed at children but contain adult themes, if they are reported.
- 3 giorni fa 10 Nov 17, 12:42pm -
- Phishing helps hackers hijack accounts, says Google study
Phishing attacks help hackers grab almost 250,000 log-in details for Google accounts every week, finds research
- 3 giorni fa 10 Nov 17, 12:03pm -
- Broadband and landline users to get automatic compensation
Householders will get £8 a day if broadband or landline faults are not fixed immediately.
- 3 giorni fa 10 Nov 17, 9:45sono -
- Now computers are writing perfectly acceptable pop songs
Taryn Southern's new single was written by artificial intelligence software. Is this the future?
- 3 giorni fa 10 Nov 17, 8:56sono -
- The lift-summoning robot and other technology news
BBC Click's Kat Hawkins looks at some of the best of the week's technology news stories.
- 3 giorni fa 10 Nov 17, 8:30sono -
- Universities to be warned over misleading adverts
The advertising watchdog is going to warn universities about using misleading claims in their marketing.
- 3 giorni fa 10 Nov 17, 7:47sono -
- Government urged to act over computer science GCSEs
More than half of England's secondary schools did not offer the subject in 2015-16, a report has found.
- 4 giorni fa 10 Nov 17, 1:13sono -
- Talking pants
We love shopping online for clothes but often have to return them. Can tech help make things easier?
- 4 giorni fa 10 Nov 17, 12:08sono -
- TripAdvisor to flag hotels with reports of sexual assault
The tags were introduced after TripAdvisor was accused of deleting posts describing sexual assaults.
- 4 giorni fa 9 Nov 17, 5:44pm -
- Twitter halts 'broken' verified-profile system
The site had faced complaints that white-supremacist accounts were being verified.
- 4 giorni fa 9 Nov 17, 5:05pm -
- FBI seeks to unlock Texas shooter's iPhone
Apple has offered its help in getting at any data held on the iPhone of Devin Kelley.
- 4 giorni fa 9 Nov 17, 4:23pm -
- Vodafone plans UK fibre broadband roll-out
The project will see gigabit speed cables reaching up to five million properties across the UK by 2025.
- 4 giorni fa 9 Nov 17, 2:48pm -
- Reddit bans 'involuntarily celibate' community
'Involuntarily celibate' men congregated in a 41,000-strong corner of Reddit to share misogynistic abuse.
- 4 giorni fa 9 Nov 17, 1:59pm -
- Harry Potter game is Pokemon Go creator's next trick
An augmented reality smartphone game based on the young wizard's adventures is planned by Niantic.
- 4 giorni fa 9 Nov 17, 1:24pm -
- Humans to vet Facebook revenge porn photos
Facebook's community operations team, not algorithms, will view photos sent to combat revenge porn.
- 4 giorni fa 9 Nov 17, 1:14pm -
- Tackling the toxic danger inside our cars
Pollution in a car can be worse than outside, as it traps nitrogen dioxide (NO2) and soot-like particles.
- 4 giorni fa 9 Nov 17, 1:05pm -
- Code bug freezes $150m of Ethereum crypto-cash
A novice programmer accidentally locks away about $150m of a crypto-currency called Ethereum.
- 4 giorni fa 9 Nov 17, 11:21sono -
- How wireless sensors could help fight forest fires
The sensors were tested on fires in Greece, Spain and Israel as part of a European research project.
- 4 giorni fa 9 Nov 17, 10:01sono -
- Looking good at 20?
Front pages of the BBC News website show how the look and feel of the site has changed since its launch, in 1997.
- 4 giorni fa 9 Nov 17, 9:37sono -
- Trump tweets
Donald Trump has kept up his tweeting in China - even though Twitter is officially blocked there.
- 4 giorni fa 9 Nov 17, 7:12sono -
- 'Iron man' flight sets first world record
Richard Browning crossed a lake in Reading at more than 30mph.
- 5 giorni fa 9 Nov 17, 1:04sono -
- BBC tests Echo drama that responds to your voice
The Inspection Chamber is a sci-fi story designed as an experiment for smart home speakers.
- 5 giorni fa 8 Nov 17, 1:42pm -
- Google promoted Texas gunman fake tweets
The search engine highlighted tweets containing misinformation in its results.
- 5 giorni fa 8 Nov 17, 11:47sono -
- Facebook 'remembers' nude images to combat revenge porn
Facebook will take digital fingerprints of intimate photos to prevent copies being uploaded.
- 5 giorni fa 8 Nov 17, 11:17sono -
- No safety driver in Waymo's self-driving car taxi fleet
Self-driving car company Waymo says it is ditching the human safety driver.
- 6 giorni fa 7 Nov 17, 10:06pm -
- Tiger cubs
Asia is driving the massive growth in online shopping, with younger generations leading the charge.
- 7 giorni fa 7 Nov 17, 12:12sono -
- Facebook firing
Two years ago care home manager Rachel Burns lost her job after posting a photo on Facebook. Was she unfairly dismissed?
- 7 giorni fa 6 Nov 17, 11:25sono -
- Xbox One X: Microsoft's new console reviewed
The console can display 4K 60 frames-per-second graphics in high dynamic range.
- 10 giorni fa 4 Nov 17, 12:43sono -
- Ford builds robot which tests car seats and other news
BBC Click's Nick Kwek looks at some of the best of the week's technology news stories.
- 11 giorni fa 3 Nov 17, 1:40sono -
- Spreading the word
E-commerce entrepreneurs share their tips on how to get noticed in the global digital marketplace.
- 11 giorni fa 3 Nov 17, 12:00sono -
- Russia v anonymity
How will Russia's new law affect privacy and internet censorship?
- 12 giorni fa 1 Nov 17, 11:05sono -
- How algorithms helped design a concert hall
Each of the 10,000 acoustic panels is unique and designed to give the best listening experience.
- 13 giorni fa 1 Nov 17, 3:00sono -
- AI takes centre stage in new Adobe tools
Click visits the Adobe Max conference to find out the latest developments in Photoshop.
- 17 giorni fa 28 Oct 17, 2:13sono -
- The robot that can swim and fly and other tech news
BBC Click's Marc Cieslak looks at some of the best of the week's technology news stories.
- 18 giorni fa 27 Oct 17, 1:18sono -
- Inside Microsoft's new mixed reality capture studio
Microsoft opens a hi-tech studio dedicated to creating mixed reality content.
- 19 giorni fa 25 Oct 17, 7:15sono -
- How a graphene tattoo could monitor your health
The tattoo could be a wearable device measuring electrical activity of the brain, muscles or heart.
- 20 giorni fa 24 Oct 17, 11:22pm -
- High speed camera uses 1,000 frames per second
The camera that can process images faster than the eye can see.
- 28 giorni fa 16 Oct 17, 11:21pm -