- Microwave breakthrough helps boost hard drive sizes
Microwaves could help make drives with much higher capacities than those seen today.
- 3 giorni fa 13 Oct 17, 3:07pm -
- US voices frustration with 'warrant-proof' encryption
Encryption tools in apps such as WhatsApp "thwart law enforcement", says US Deputy Attorney General.
- 3 giorni fa 13 Oct 17, 1:23pm -
- 40 years since the launch of the Atari 2600
40 Years ago, video games changed forever with the launch of the Atari 2600.
- 3 giorni fa 13 Oct 17, 12:13pm -
- Uber lodges appeal over London ban
The ride-hailing firm files an appeal after being denied a licence to operate in the capital.
- 3 giorni fa 13 Oct 17, 10:59sono -
- WeChat translates 'black foreigner' into racial slur
Chinese chat app WeChat apologises after its software translated "black foreigner" into the N-word.
- 3 giorni fa 13 Oct 17, 10:40sono -
- UK mobile coverage 'deplorable', says Lord Adonis
The national infrastructure commission head also warns the UK faces gridlock on roads, railways and in the skies.
- 3 giorni fa 13 Oct 17, 9:32sono -
- Why are some women boycotting Twitter?
Many users are removing themselves from Twitter for a day to protest "women's voices being silenced".
- 3 giorni fa 13 Oct 17, 9:24sono -
- Samsung Electronics CEO resigns over 'unprecedented crisis'
Kwon Oh-hyun said the company was facing an "unprecedented crisis inside out".
- 3 giorni fa 13 Oct 17, 7:41sono -
- Next-generation internet
What will it take to build the ultra-fast internet of the future?
- 3 giorni fa 13 Oct 17, 1:01sono -
- Pest control
How apps using image recognition are helping farmers identify crop diseases.
- 3 giorni fa 12 Oct 17, 11:09pm -
- Equifax removes webpage after malware issue
The firm is still reeling since disclosure of an earlier cyber-breach that affected millions in the US and UK.
- 4 giorni fa 12 Oct 17, 8:54pm -
- Rose McGowan, one of Harvey Weinstein's accusers, has account limited by Twitter
The social media company says it was because one of her tweets included a private phone number.
- 4 giorni fa 12 Oct 17, 4:20pm -
- Branson's Virgin Group invests in Hyperloop One
Sir Richard is joining the board of the pod-based US transport company.
- 4 giorni fa 12 Oct 17, 2:52pm -
- Facebook 'fully committed' to sharing Russian ad data
Data on who was targeted during the US election, and the webpages the ads linked to, will be released by Facebook.
- 4 giorni fa 12 Oct 17, 2:51pm -
- Facebook bans rapper Lil B for 'hate speech' posts
Lil B is banned from Facebook for 30 days for several posts about white people and gun violence.
- 4 giorni fa 12 Oct 17, 11:29sono -
- Google disables touch function on Home Mini
Home Mini speaker units were responding to every sound close to them, early users found.
- 4 giorni fa 12 Oct 17, 10:39sono -
- How to control your television with any object
The Matchpoint system can control the volume, channel or access menus.
- 4 giorni fa 11 Oct 17, 11:30pm -
- Tim Cook: Leadership tips from Apple's chief executive
Apple's chief executive advises young leaders to look to the dead among other business tips.
- 4 giorni fa 11 Oct 17, 11:03pm -
- Apple's Tim Cook prefers augmented reality to VR
Apple's chief executive suggested virtual reality could isolate users and was less "profound".
- 5 giorni fa 11 Oct 17, 10:02pm -
- Ebay paid UK corporation tax of £1.6m in 2016
The tax bill for the UK division of the auction website comes despite total revenues of £1bn.
- 5 giorni fa 11 Oct 17, 2:13pm -
- Dow Jones: 'Google acquires Apple' news was 'error'
The Dow Jones newswire accidentally published the story during a test.
- 5 giorni fa 11 Oct 17, 11:18sono -
- Unsent text accepted as dead man's will by Australian court
A court in Australia rules a draft text message can be accepted as an official will.
- 5 giorni fa 11 Oct 17, 9:47sono -
- Israeli spies 'watched Russian agents breach Kaspersky software'
The activity was observed by Israeli intelligence officers two years ago, according to US media.
- 5 giorni fa 11 Oct 17, 9:41sono -
- Facebook and Twitter could face 'online abuse levy'
The government wants firms such as Facebook and Twitter to publish annual reports on abuse.
- 5 giorni fa 11 Oct 17, 7:26sono -
- The origami-inspired bots that could perform surgery
Researchers at MIT have developed miniature bots that can fold into a number of different shapes.
- 5 giorni fa 10 Oct 17, 11:46pm -
- Equifax data hack affected 694,000 UK customers
The credit reference agency says a data hack exposed some customers to "possible criminal activity".
- 6 giorni fa 10 Oct 17, 6:45pm -
- ParentPay website unavailable for school meal payments
Some parents say their children have been unable to buy school meals due to the glitch.
- 6 giorni fa 10 Oct 17, 4:52pm -
- EE apologises for voice call fault
Customers around the UK reported problems making and receiving phone calls.
- 6 giorni fa 10 Oct 17, 2:33pm -
- Nokia kills off Ozo high-end virtual reality cameras
The firm says the market in virtual reality video is growing at a slower pace than it expected.
- 6 giorni fa 10 Oct 17, 12:15pm -
- Mum identifies child in sex abuse video
German police take unusual step of releasing images of a four-year-old who had been abused.
- 6 giorni fa 10 Oct 17, 11:50sono -
- North Korea 'hackers steal US-South Korea war plans'
North Korea allegedly stole secret documents last year, including a plan to kill its leader.
- 6 giorni fa 10 Oct 17, 11:04sono -
- Condom-detecting fingerprint test 'set for court use'
The technology being trialled by West Yorkshire Police could be used in court within months.
- 6 giorni fa 10 Oct 17, 10:21sono -
- From pillows to concrete
Carbon emissions contribute to global warming, so could tech that removes them from the air slow the process?
- 6 giorni fa 9 Oct 17, 11:30pm -
- Google 'uncovers Russian ad campaign linked to US election'
The search giant has evidence that agents tried to influence the US election, media report.
- 6 giorni fa 9 Oct 17, 10:53pm -
- Murdered Russian diplomat image removed from Batman game
Gamers discovered a photo of murdered Russian diplomat Andrei Karlov had been used in Telltale's Batman.
- 7 giorni fa 9 Oct 17, 4:36pm -
- Pedestrian crossing reacts to danger with smart tech
A mix of road-embedded LEDs and smart sensors warn traffic if a child runs into the street.
- 7 giorni fa 9 Oct 17, 4:17pm -
- Supermarket Morrisons sued by staff over personal data leak
More than 5,000 current and former employees claim the supermarket failed to keep their data safe.
- 7 giorni fa 9 Oct 17, 2:20pm -
- Microsoft gives up on Windows 10 Mobile
The technology company says it struggled to convince others to make mobile apps for the platform.
- 7 giorni fa 9 Oct 17, 11:35sono -
- Facebook confirms Russia ads on Instagram
The tech giant said ads bought by Russia around the US election contained "divisive" messages.
- 7 giorni fa 9 Oct 17, 11:01sono -
- Apple checks 'swollen' iPhone 8 claims
The reports about handsets with swollen batteries that stopped working have come from six owners.
- 7 giorni fa 9 Oct 17, 10:07sono -
- Cyber-security threat to UK 'as serious as terrorism' - GCHQ
GCHQ's Jeremy Fleming says the UK's intelligence monitoring agency must be a "cyber-organisation".
- 7 giorni fa 9 Oct 17, 4:05sono -
- Websites hacked to mint crypto-cash
Hundreds of websites are harbouring malicious code that uses visitors' computers to generate digital cash, suggests a report.
- 7 giorni fa 8 Oct 17, 11:54pm -
- Blue sky thinking
British scientists played a key role in developing radar, which has helped deliver safer skies.
- 7 giorni fa 8 Oct 17, 11:08pm -
- Airbnb paid £188,000 in UK tax last year
The home-sharing website collected more than £650m in rental payments for UK landlords last year.
- 8 giorni fa 8 Oct 17, 5:32pm -
- 100 Women: Five things I learned as a woman in Silicon Valley
The BBC's Nuala McGovern reports on smashing the technology glass ceiling in Silicon Valley.
- 8 giorni fa 8 Oct 17, 12:34pm -
- In pictures: Solar challenge race begins in Australia
Teams from around the world are competing on solar cars in an epic transcontinental race.
- 8 giorni fa 8 Oct 17, 4:14sono -
- Scam support
A man who runs an online support group says scam victims are not stupid - just unaware of the con.
- 9 giorni fa 7 Oct 17, 12:08sono -
- Artist 'vandalises' Snapchat's AR Balloon Dog sculpture
Sebastian Errazuriz said he is standing against an "augmented reality corporate invasion".
- 10 giorni fa 6 Oct 17, 3:54pm -
- Internet speed guarantees must be realistic, says Ofcom
New Ofcom rules require ISPs to be realistic about speeds before customers purchase contracts.
- 10 giorni fa 6 Oct 17, 2:35pm -
- Honda unveils a disaster relief robot and other news
BBC Click's Lara Lewington looks at some of the best of the week's technology news stories.
- 10 giorni fa 6 Oct 17, 7:12sono -